The past three weeks I've come to understand why Germans refer to a research paper as a Hausarbeit: Haus = Home, Arbeit = Work; So, I'm sorry for the lack of any new posts or pictures. But, if anyone is curious about the following topics, I'm becoming quite the expert:
1. The effects of technological advancements in the late 19th and early 20th centuries on transportation in Germany
2. The significance of a peace treaty, signed in 6 AD between Marbod - a germanic tribe ruler, and Tiberius - the Roman Emporer, and its effect on Roman policies toward Germania
3. The representation of Berlin in the film Eins, Zwei, Drei by Billy Wilder
4. Revenge as a Criminal Element in Heinrich von Kleist's Novella Michael Kohlhaas
Ok, so you probably don't care what my paper topics are, but they beefed up the post a little bit. By the way, if you're wondering what the german word for "homework" is, it's Hausaufgabe, literally "home assignment."
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment