Doing laundry here is always a fun game. Some of the machines only take 50 Cent coins, others only 1 or 2 Euro coins, and because there is no change machine, it usually involves a 20 minute walk to the train station to buy a coffee and break a 10. There's always one or two different machines that don't work, and I have happened to pick those every time...today it was the large dryer. So despite two cycles in the smaller one, I've still had to hang everything up or lay it on the bed...but for the smaller stuff, the heater works great.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I don't think I've ever used a European washer or dryer that I liked. The water conservation designs of the washers take twice as long and leave residue on the clothes, and the dryers are totally hit or miss. When Brian and Andrea were in Sweden, their "dryer" was the size of a refrigerator - you'd open the door, hang your clothes on racks and set the time. In an hour, you had crispy, stiff clothes. Good times.
Post a Comment